Indy Connect is hosting lunchtime information sessions about the Marion County Transit Plan and upcoming ballot question. Bring your lunch to any of the September sessions to learn how the plan will affect your neighborhood.
On the November 8th, Marion County residents will have the option to vote on an income tax increase of $0.25 for every $100 of income to pay for improving public transit. If approved, the Marion County Transit Plan will:
• create a connected, frequent network of bus and rapid transit lines;
• bring a 70% increase in IndyGo services, shortening wait times and increasing morning, evening and weekend hours; and
• implement the Blue and Purple rapid transit lines along high-ridership corridors, and expand the Red Line.
The full plan would be completed and operating by 2021.
Transit Lunch n’ Learns will be held in Pike and Washington Townships on Wednesday, September 7th at the following times/locations:
• 12:15 -1 p.m., Nora Branch Library, 8625 Guilford Ave.
• 12:15 -1 p.m., Glendale Branch Library, 6101 N. Keystone Ave.
• 12:15 -1 p.m., Eagle Branch Library, 3325 Lowry Rd.
• 1:15 – 2 p.m., Pike Branch Library, 6525 Zionsville Rd.