2017 LEAF COLLECTION
The Department of Public Works conducts its annual Leaf Collection Program to help citizens dispose of large numbers of leaves each Fall.
THE 2017 LEAF COLLECTION SEASON IS NOVEMBER 6 THROUGH DECEMBER 1
LEAF SEASON GUIDELINES
• Each household is permitted 40 bags of leaves for weekly disposal.
• Place leaves in large plastic trash bags and place near your regular trash cart.
• Place the leaf bags out by 7 a.m. on your regular trash day.
• Keep all leaf bags at least three feet away from cart collection areas to ensure trucks can service the carts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When is DPW conducting leaf pickup this year?
November 6 — December 1, 2017
2. How many bags am I allowed to leave out for pickup each week?
Residents may leave out up to 40 bags of leaves for pickup each week.
3. Should I use paper or plastic when bagging leaves?
DPW recommends plastic bags for leaf collection. Paper bags can deteriorate and break apart in wet weather making leaf collection by solid waste crews more difficult.
4. Do I place my leaves out on my regular trash pickup day?
Yes, residents should place leaves out for pickup on their regular trash pickup day.
More information at: