I hope you enjoyed the holidays and that your new year is off to a great start! Please see below and the attached flyers for events and programs happening in the area and other useful information!
1. Winter 2019 Cooking Workshop Series – Whether you want to impress your co-workers with a lip-smacking soup or accomplish those new year health goals with nutritional recipes – the Public Library and Health Department have you covered! You’re guaranteed to learn something new and have a good time at these live demonstrations and food tasting workshops!
2. Pike Library Events & Programs – In case you haven’t noticed, our libraries offer way more than just good books to take home. Plan your next visit to Pike Library by visiting this link and checking out this month’s upcoming events and programs!
3. Coffee With a Cop – Have a cup of morning Joe with your favorite officers of the NW District at their monthly Coffee with a Cop event! Chat with the Commander, meet other NW residents, get to know your officers, or just stop by to say “hello”! Click this link to view their event flyer.
4. Eagle Creek Park Calendar – If you’re anything like me, you didn’t know that Penguin Awareness Day was a thing. So, now that we know this day exists, get ready to celebrate the day of our flightless bird friends at Eagle Creek Park! Get the details on the Penguin Awareness Day event and all other ECP happenings by checking out their calendar!
5. New City Website – Have you checked out the city’s new website yet? If you haven’t, stop what you’re doing and head over there now using https://my.indy.gov/. If you are a frequent user of the old indy.gov site, you will appreciate and enjoy the ease and experience of my.indy.gov – the new, digital city hall! Please note that after today, the city’s old site (indy.gov) will automatically redirect you to the new site (my.indy.gov).
6. International Marketplace Coalition Lunch Tours – There’s no need for you to take a trip out the country or even across town to experience some of the best ethnic restaurants that our city has to offer! Travel with our friends of the International Marketplace Coalition as they tour Mexico, India, Cuba, China, Pakistan (and so many other places) one tasty dish at a time!
7. Golden Eagles Senior Group Newsletter – It’s not too late to get in on all the excitement and fun happening with the Golden Eagles Senior Group. If you are 55 years or older, but feel like you have the heart, spirit, and agility of a young person – this is the group for you! Check out their newsletter for more details on how you can get involved!
8. Government Profile Quiz time! – Do you know who your City-County Councillor is? Do you know what IMPD District you live in? Do you know what voting precinct you live in? No worries if you didn’t pass this quiz with a 3/3, just be sure to check out http://maps.indy.gov/GovProfile/ to find answers to these questions and so much more. Simply type in your address and select an option in the ‘Show Me’ box.
* My Community Office Hours times and locations are as follows: Eagle Library 3325 Lowry Rd. every Monday 3:30pm-5:00pm, Panera Bread 6050 W 86th St. every Tuesday 10:00am-11:30am, and Pike Library 6525 Zionsville Rd. every Tuesday 2:00pm-3:30pm. Stop by and say hello!
* If you do not wish to receive these emails or know someone that would like to be added to this distribution list, please let me know and I will be happy to make those accommodations!
* Report any issues or service requests (potholes, missed trash collections, abandoned vehicles, high weeds and grass, traffic signals, etc.) that you may have to the Mayor’s Action Center (MAC) or through Request Indy. You can reach the MAC at 317-327-4622 and access Request Indy here or by using the mobile app. Be sure to keep the service request number/reference number to track the status of your complaint!
RaCia D. Poston
Mayor’s Neighborhood Advocate
Office of Mayor Joe Hogsett – City of Indianapolis
Desk: (317) 327-5125
Cell: (317) 833-4530